Custom Plastic Thermoforming and Molding Company
Magic happens when you turn up the heat and add a little friction. That’s right, molding magic. Over 30 years ago, our plastic thermoforming capabilities put us on the map. Today, we remain the fastest and most accurate in the world with extremely consistent tolerances. How’s that for hot?
What makes our thermoforming services so great? Just take a look at what we offer:
- 3-D fabric covered
- Tight tolerances
- Encapsulated materials
- Living hinges
- Intricate details
- Multiple layers and densities
- With or without fabric
How Does It Work?
Thermoforming sounds complicated, and while it does have a lot of moving parts, it’s not as complex as we think. The process can be broken down into the following stages:
- Designing: Using a CAD model or drawing, the thermoformed part is designed and ready for manufacturing
- Gathering Materials: There are a wide variety of materials that can be used in the thermoforming process. From polycarbonates to acrylic, the materials used will depend on the end-product.
- Creating the Mold: A mold is created in the shape of the intended end-product.
- Forming: Once you have the mold, you can now create your part. This is done by heating the mold in order to shape the part.
- Trimming: Your finished product isn’t quite finished yet. After forming your part you’ll need to remove any excess material and shape it to your exact liking.
Have questions about our thermoforming capabilities?
Call or email us today. A real, live person answers the phone 7:30 to 4:30 PST Monday-Friday and we answer all new emails within one business day.